This one. Right here. He totally stole our hearts.
This precious angel was a dream to work with! She had us all wrapped around her little finger by the time she left (still sleeping, I might add)!
Spring Portrait time is upon us! And trust us, you don’t want to wait too much longer. Here are a few reasons why:
- It’s not too hot. By the time Memorial Day hits, that summer sun is blazing and you don’t want to look like you’ve just finished an African Safari in your family photos.
- Everything is green and blooming. April Showers bring May flowers, but sometimes they can knock all the blooms off. The earlier in the season you get outside the more likely you are to have that great color that makes your portraits pop!
- Bugs. Although we often fight those dreaded inchworms, the real problems of mosquitoes and flies are not out in full force! The last thing you want to do is be swatting a mosquito when your child finally has that perfect smile.
- Lighting. Evening spring lighting is perfect for family portraits, and even better, your husband is going to be off work before we even need to begin the session. He won’t be able to use getting off of work as an excuse!
There are plenty of beautiful locations around our area that we are more than happy to travel to, including your own backyard (or front). Don’t hesitate to call! Check your schedule and call us today. Evening appointments are limited and will fill up quickly! And don’t forget to ask about our current booking special!
See below for some great clothing ideas!
A few weeks ago, we announced that we were going back to our roots, the thing that started this business so many years ago: newborn babies. In the last two weeks, we have had so much fun shopping and finding models. We’ve had the great honor to meet new mommies and their precious little newborns and there are still more to come!
Crider’s Fine Art Portraiture is excited to announce our newest division: “Lullabies with Leigh Anne.” Leigh Anne is truly lit up with passion over photographing newborns and we are all on board with her! We are bringing our sophisticated, classy and distinguished touch to babies. Leigh Anne’s vision for these sessions is to capture the essence of what a newborn baby is: natural, fresh and soft. Our two hour sessions offer a variety of distinct styles with a hands on approach that allow every new mommy to sit back, relax and enjoy watching the magic unfold!
Our new division is open to 10 newborns a month. You can reserve your spot by filling out our online form or calling our studio! Sessions can be scheduled early, so call as soon as you find out the good news!! As with all of our sessions, we offer free consultations for you to tour the studio, meet the photographers and so that we can learn how to make this the best portrait experience for you and your little one!
In just a little over a week, we’ll be kicking off our photo classes for the year and we could not be more excited! If you’re still not sure this is the class for you, here is some information that might help you make up your mind!
- You’re not alone! Each class is full of eager students just like you, ready to learn! Even better, you get a special rate when you book a class with a friend!
- You’re not too old! Or too young! We have students ranging from teenagers all the way to the young at heart! The class is presented in such a way that it is easy to comprehend on all levels!
- I don’t have a camera! That’s okay, it’s not required! Come to the class, learn great information and hear from the expert what to look for when purchasing your next camera!
- Is Three hours enough time? We like to keep the class short so that our students do not get overwhelmed. It is literally a “Crash Course” so there will be a lot of information in a short amount of time. However, we have planned it so that there is plenty of time for breaks, questions and one-on-one time with Phillip..
- The information I want isn’t included in the 7 steps! The 7 steps in our beginner class will encompass the essentials to help you create better photographs and learn your DSLR camera. Before each class, we do a survey to find out if you are wanting to learn anything specific. Unlike most photography classes, the instruction of each class, beyond the basics, is designed around the participants’ wants and needs. If for some reason your question wasn’t answered, there is Q&A time with Phillip at the end of the class, and he’s available for one-on-one tutoring at a different date and time if the need arises.
If you’re still unsure, give us a call! We’d love to talk to you and help you decide if this is the right class for you! And be sure to check back with our blog to see what our past students are saying about their experience!
If you’re ready to dive in, head on over and get registered for our next class!
Introducing our New for 2015 Fall Fairies Set!
No other season really compares to a beautiful, autumn day in North Carolina. The cool, crisp air, the hayrides and fall festivals, and of course the rich, colorful leaves, make a perfect backdrop for photography sessions.
On September 25th and 26th, Crider’s Fine Art Portraiture is introducing a brand-new for 2015 Fall Fairies session for girls ages 2 to 8. Your daughter will spritely wander about our hay bales and pumpkins, with leaves cascading around her tiny toes.
This gorgeous fairy outfit, complete with wings and a floral crown, is included in your session fee. Plus, we are offering portrait packages that you will not be able to resist! No matter what season it is, you will treasure these enchanting photographs of your little girl forever.
See Why Our Clients Say It Is Their Favorite Time for Family Portraits
In a recent survey to our clients, we asked what was the best time of year for them to be photographed. The answer was unanimous: fall! So let’s take a look at why, logistically and aesthetically, fall is the best time for family portraits!
In the grand scheme of life, the busyness of summer vacations is over and the carpools are firmly organized. School and other activities have started and life has once again become more structured. With schedules firmly in place, it is now much easier to gather the family together for that magazine worthy family photo. Taking the time to do this now will also make shopping for Christmas much easier. In addition to Christmas cards, your images can be used in so many ways as gifts for family this year. Albums, portraits and prints all make perfect gifts for those who seem to have all they need. Finally, fall evenings are the best time to be photographed outside; this is perfect for the working family, allowing everyone to arrive home and get settled before heading out with their best smile on. Logistically, fall makes sense!
The weather is beginning to have a crisp coolness, allowing for a more photo friendly environment for both photographer and subjects! Without the summer heat, there are no red faces or fear of having sweat dripping off of your forehead. You will look your best through the entire photo session. Even better, it makes it easier to wear more figure flattering clothing! (Keep in mind that covering the majority of your arms and legs draws less attention to them) Fall is also the time when the outside environment is a beautiful palette of rich, warm, inviting colors. It’s even better that these rich, warm, inviting colors are now the trend in home décor – so your new fall family portrait is going to look stunning in your home! Aesthetically, fall makes sense!
We are excited to head outdoors to capture your beautiful family! These sessions always fill up quickly and you definitely do not want to miss out! So what are you waiting for? The timing is just right!
The Number One Reason to hire a PPA Photographer
Attention to Detail, Experience, Education—these are all outstanding reasons to hire a PPA Certified Photographer. But what do we think is the number one reason?
Attention to detail
Your photographer will pay attention to the detail. Stray hairs are smoothed out and ties are straightened. Babies are posed right down to the position of their hands. Blankets are smoothed out. Background clutter is removed. Even the time of your appointment is carefully planned. Every part of your session is carefully orchestrated to ensure that you get the best images possible.
A professional photographer has done it before; they’ve photographed a variety of events and portraits and have been exposed to many subjects and conditions. There is no shortcut to experience, and you take a tremendous gamble with a first-timer or an inexperienced photographer not knowing what to do at various points during your shoot. Professionals know intuitively to take extra shots of crucial moments in case anyone blinks or has an awkward expression. They know the ins and outs of posing and can make subjects look natural in any setting. They anticipate angles and approaches for each scene. They have experience in guiding groups of every size for optimal results.
Just like in any other field, PPA Professional photographers have endless hours of training and experience. It takes years and a lot of hard work to hone photography skills. Your photographer will have spent a lot of time and money educating themselves on how to compose your images and light them well to create a lovely gallery of images for you to choose from. However, that is only the beginning. A true professional photographer is an artist from start to finish. They start with the image from the camera, but they can take that image and enhance it digitally for optimal color, saturation, and quality. This experience only comes with years of study in darkrooms and digital classes.
One of the goals of most sessions is to produce images that will be enlarged and framed for the wall. This is an investment in your home and can enhance a room. You spend a lot of time and hard earned money furnishing your room. A final touch of professional images of your family only makes sense.
The number one reason to hire a professional photographer is that once that special day is over, the kids are grown up, or you’ve said “I do”– it is now a precious memory. Those moments cannot be relived. Weddings, maternity images, newborn images, senior year, and other important milestones only happen once. These photos will take you back to that time or that day, to a place where you can almost smell the flowers and touch the perfect, soft newborn skin. It is definitely worth hiring the very best to capture those precious memories.
Southern Charm Easter with live Bunnies!
You are in for a special treat for Easter 2015! We will be photographing on Friday, March 20th and Saturday, March 21 on this adorable Southern Charm Antebellum background! We will have real, live bunnies that your children will just love getting to hold and play with! These pictures are just going to be simply gorgeous! We would love to photograph your children this Easter! These easter pics would make great gifts and will be cherished for years to come!
Call today for the best appointment time @ (704) 664-1485