Super Bowl 50! Here we come! We’re so excited for our home team, the Carolina Panthers, as they hit the road for California! We know many of you are proud members of the Panther Nation and we want to help you show your pride! Starting this Friday, we are offering family mini sessions with a portion of the proceeds going to support the HEARTest Yard Foundation.
The HEARTest Yard Foundation was started by Greg Olsen and his wife Kara as parents who have experienced the heartbreaking reality of having a child with congenital heart disease. The foundation works in conjunction with Levine Children’s Hospital at Carolinas Medical Center and helps to provide CHD children and their families with in-home, private nursing care, psychical therapy and speech therapy among other benefits.
Show your pride and support a great cause!!
Throughout the years, we encounter other small businesses in the community that really seem to share our values of excellence in service and quality. We love to patronize those businesses and many times, our professional relationship becomes a wonderful friendship as well. Often these businesses work with us to offer specials to our clients and allow us to display portraits and literature in their offices or stores. With that said, we would like to share our friends with you. As the year goes on, we will be sharing stories of the partnerships we have formed with businesses in the area. We encourage you to check them out and of course, tell them you heard of them from Crider’s!
Our featured business partner for January is Daveste Vineyards of Troutman, NC. If you have not been to this local winery, you must check it out sometime. We first approached them when we saw the beautiful venue they maintain. We are always looking for new, beautiful places to photograph and we knew that this area would be perfect. It offers a beautiful landscape of vineyards and a rock waterfall complete with a bridge and floral landscaping. Daveste is also becoming a popular site for weddings and they host many events, including live music on most Thursdays.
If you’re looking for a place to spend a quiet afternoon, head just a little ways out to Troutman and step foot into this scenic oasis. Sample their wines, and grab a glass of your favorites to enjoy out on the patio or in one of their covered verandas. They do have a few snack items available, but bringing your own is also encouraged. The atmosphere is perfect for couples or a girl’s getaway!
If you would like to learn more about Daveste Vineyards, you can visit their website at www.davestevineyards.com.
If you are interested in learning more about family portraits sessions at Daveste Vineyards, be sure to call us soon. They book up very quickly in the spring and we want to be able to accommodate our most valued customers!
- People Change. Most likely you’ve experienced some changes since the last time your business portrait was taken. Good or bad, it’s ok. Your client wants to know whom they’re dealing with, and Crider’s Fine Art Portraiture can help you put your best face forward!
- First Impressions. When searching a website or a social media profile, potential clients are most likely looking to see who they’re dealing with. Greet them with a warm smile that shows you’re the one for their business.
- Staff has changed. Are you working in a company of several employees? Chances are your group portrait is missing some folks. Stay up to date so that your clients know you’re on top of things.
- Style has changed. Your business portraits from the 80’s just isn’t going to cut it! Clients want to know that you’re current and always on the top of your game. Show them that with an updated business portrait!
- You currently have no photo at all. It is vital in business today that potential clients are able to find you easily and recognize you quickly. Also, having no photo can represent you as unprofessional. A lack of a complete profile could demonstrate a lack of skill or credibility in your job as well. Be sure to always have a nice representation of yourself for people to relate to you..
At Crider’s Fine Art Portraiture, we pride ourselves on providing you the best business portraits in the area! From consulting with you about what attire best suits your field and personality style, to selecting the best image for your use, we’re with you every step of the way. We understand that you’re busy and your schedules are full, that’s why we can usually wrap up the whole process, photographing and selecting, within 30 minutes. We want to get you back to your clients as soon as we can! And even better, we provide fully retouched, copyright free images to your inbox within 48 hours.
Give us a call today! We’d love to discuss our packages and portrait options with you! We are also available for on-sight locations using your environment or bringing a portrait background. Your satisfaction is guaranteed!
In just a little over a week, we’ll be kicking off our photo classes for the year and we could not be more excited! If you’re still not sure this is the class for you, here is some information that might help you make up your mind!
- You’re not alone! Each class is full of eager students just like you, ready to learn! Even better, you get a special rate when you book a class with a friend!
- You’re not too old! Or too young! We have students ranging from teenagers all the way to the young at heart! The class is presented in such a way that it is easy to comprehend on all levels!
- I don’t have a camera! That’s okay, it’s not required! Come to the class, learn great information and hear from the expert what to look for when purchasing your next camera!
- Is Three hours enough time? We like to keep the class short so that our students do not get overwhelmed. It is literally a “Crash Course” so there will be a lot of information in a short amount of time. However, we have planned it so that there is plenty of time for breaks, questions and one-on-one time with Phillip..
- The information I want isn’t included in the 7 steps! The 7 steps in our beginner class will encompass the essentials to help you create better photographs and learn your DSLR camera. Before each class, we do a survey to find out if you are wanting to learn anything specific. Unlike most photography classes, the instruction of each class, beyond the basics, is designed around the participants’ wants and needs. If for some reason your question wasn’t answered, there is Q&A time with Phillip at the end of the class, and he’s available for one-on-one tutoring at a different date and time if the need arises.
If you’re still unsure, give us a call! We’d love to talk to you and help you decide if this is the right class for you! And be sure to check back with our blog to see what our past students are saying about their experience!
If you’re ready to dive in, head on over and get registered for our next class!
Our first promotion up this year is probably the one that we are most excited about! Since the very first Star Wars movie was released, Phillip has been an avid fan and has poured his heart, soul and talent into creating an awesome portrait experience for our young warriors with our Galactic Heroes Limited Edition portrait promotion.
As the battle between the forces of good and evil continue on, we’re inviting all of our little heroes to join the forces of good to save our galaxy! On February 5th and 6th, your little ones will love putting on the uniform as they are transformed into mighty galactic fighters! Clothing and light sabers will be provided for boys, ages 2y – 10y. Several themed props will also be provided, but we do ask that you bring along any favorite toys or action figures to enhance the overall portrait experience and final products.
This session includes a compilation of Crider’s quality photography and awesome digital artwork to truly transform the experience from ordinary to extraordinary.
We anticipate this Limited Edition being a blockbuster!
Wait…do not! Join the force, you should! Yeesssssss.
In the fall of last year, we launched our photo workshops with our Beginner’s Class. Phillip was very excited to share the knowledge that he has accumulated over 20 years back to our clients and friends. We were very pleased that the classes were met with such success. Time after time we have had students return to us exclaiming how thrilled they were to put their knowledge to use and we think this is awesome!
With such a high caliber of digital SLR cameras becoming available to the general public, there is a need for hands-on training, and why not receive that from a professional in the business? The neat thing is that these classes apply to everyone!! So far, we have had students as young as 12 years and 16 years old! The class is modeled specifically to the participants and what they are wanting to learn. For example, we had one mom who wanted to learn how to better photograph her sons’ sports photos at the game. The 16 year old has been photographing race cars and wanted to learn more about how to set his camera for high speed. Phillip spends time in each of the workshops going over the manual settings of the camera, as well as the basics of photography. You’ll not only leave with a better understanding of how to use the camera, but also how to better compose your photographs and adjust for different lighting situations. Best of all, we keep our classes small so that Phillip has time with each individual student to work with them on anything they need.
Because everything is more fun with a friend, we are offering a $99 “Bring A Friend” special for 2016. Anyone who signs up for one of our 2016 classes, and has a friend do the same, they each will receive the class for $99. The regular price is $149 so that is $100 savings between the two of you!! Click here to register! Since class size is small, they will fill up quickly! Don’t miss out!
Happy New Year!! As we ring in the new year, we always like to reflect on the past year and all of the great memories. 2015 was a busy year for the studio! We were blessed to meet so many new families as well as see many of our returning clients! It is always so wonderful to see our Crider’s “kids” year after year and to watch them grow. It is such an honor to be a part of each family and to have the opportunity to share in those memories throughout the years. As part of that reflection time, we created a video of our Favorites from 2015. Enjoy!!
In the fall of 2015, we introduced our Photo Workshops with Phillip with great success and many of those who have taken the classes are ready to come back for more! As we plan our curriculum for the Intermediate class, we are opening new dates for 2016 for the Beginner Class so be sure to check those out here. We have had a ball getting to know our students and seeing their progress.
As we look to 2016, we have so many great things in store that we can’t wait to share with you all! From brand new sets and products, to new spins on old favorites, this year is setting up to be full of fun for everyone!